Saturday, July 04, 2015

David Lang

lemezén (Death Speaks) egy öt részes gyászdalciklus hallgatható. 

A szövegét (mint korábbi kompozíciójához - Are You Experienced? - is) maga Lang írta.  


 you will return to dust you will turn return to dust

turn to the sun like me. turn to the sun turn to the light turn to the light

if there's an eye still open grieving sweet sleep close it for me

turn your heart, your poor heart
it will only find rest
when it has stopped beating

turn to peace turn to peace this is the only road that leads you home

enter

I am your pale companion
I mirror your pain
I was your shadow
all those long nights, all those days long past

listen to me
this message is for you
where I am now, all sorrow is gone
where I am now. all lovers are together
where I am now
in my arms only will you find rest
gentle rest
Ennek a ciklusnak kitűnő énekesnője Sharah Worden, a zenét egy gitár, zongora és hegedű adja, sőt maga Worden is közbeszól dobjával.  

Szellemében a második rész (Depart) is idetartozik. Ám itt egyetlen hangszer szól - Maya Beiser csellója. 

Négy énekesnő vokál együttese énekel a cselló háttereként.









Itt az első dalt és a  teljes Depart-ot idézem. 


No comments: